Everywhere in Exile

Politics and life in general from a Canadian, gay, Jewish, left-wing, vegetarian, defence-hawk perspective.

Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

The summary above tells you something about who I am. I should be up-front and let you know that I'm a very bad homosexual. I know nothing of fashion or brand names and I get $10 haircuts. I have a hairy back and loathe musical theatre. But I really, really enjoy sex with men.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Some of My Favourite Words, by Wendy

Exile is permitting me to submit the occasional 'guest entry' to his blog. What you can expect is a departure from his well-written, interesting, and thought-provoking prose. My guest entries will be more like the commercial breaks in your favourite show. They will also likely be inane, meaningless and full of spelling and grammatical errors.

My first guest entry is about some of my favorite words. A simple, but important topic. These words came to mind while I was in the shower this morning. Obviously I am not a very 'deep' thinker, just a 'wet' thinker. Later, while putting pen to paper I realized that if I added definitions it would provide an educational element that was so sorely lacking with this germ of an idea. So, voila, with that in mind I submit to you...dear Exile blog readers...some of my favourite words:

Obfuscate - I love this word. I love the way it sounds. It almost has its own accent. I like the way it rolls off your tongue. It just sounds so damn smart and sexy. Politicians do this all the time. In my experience, obfuscation is a favourite tactic of the NDP and labour unions. Definition: make obscure or unclear. Don’t you love this word?!!

Fucktard - this is a new word. I heard it for the first time less than a year ago when it was being used by a friend. Its origin is still in dispute. But it perfectly describes many Conservative politicians, rude drivers and bylaw enforcement officers. Definition: I had to go to the Urban Dictionary for a definition. They were all so interesting I couldn't pick just one. You will have to look for yourself: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fucktard

Vicariously - I use this word a lot. Right now I am a bit worried it is a reflection of the fact that I have no life of my own, so I am living vicariously through others. At times I have friends who tell me they live vicariously through me. I like the word better under those circumstances. What I really love about this word is that it has the letter 'v' in it and 5 syllables!! Definition: Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another.

Orgasm - this is a word that some people have problems talking about. I personally love orgasms. I am not sure if there is anything I love more than orgasms. Were I not single I might love the person who was giving me the orgasm more than the actual orgasm itself, but I can’t be sure. Definition: An orgasm, also known as a sexual climax, is a pleasurable psychological or emotional response to prolonged sexual stimulation. It is often accompanied by a notable physiological reaction, such as ejaculation, blushing or spasm and may be followed by aftershocks. Blushing and aftershocks....yup, that's me. What??? Too much information?

Vain - I have adopted this word as MINE because an ex-boyfriend, in a fit of petulance, once told me I was vain. I was stunned. Speechless. Shocked even. The accusation, of course, was not true but it has now become a good excuse for all the 'nice' things I do for myself and a reason to live up to the label. AND, the word starts with a 'V' so that is pretty cool. Definition: conceited: characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Yup, that’s me!!!

There you go. Some of my favourite words. We can now resume our normal programming.

Wendy

7 Comments:

Blogger Exile said...

Thanks for your post, Wendy. I enjoy a lot of those words too. I just wonder why you wanted to leave out the charming addition I made. You know the one ... about your hobby. :-) Seriously, thank you for contributing.

Mon Feb 20, 08:28:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so gross Exile...

Mon Feb 20, 08:58:00 PM MST  
Blogger Exile said...

Doug, I just wanted Wendy to be more inclusive ... to admit to the truly wide net of lust she casts.

No spelling errors! They make me cry.

Wed Feb 22, 08:23:00 PM MST  
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

"used by a friend"

What I get no credit for introduccing you to the hoys of FUCKTARD and ASSHAT!!

Tue Feb 28, 02:19:00 PM MST  
Blogger Exile said...

Phoenix, you also taught me to love ass pyramids.

Tue Feb 28, 09:46:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Phoenix, I should have credited you directly with introducing me to "fucktard". Sorry. :)

Wed Mar 01, 01:50:00 PM MST  
Blogger Exile said...

Wendy and Phoenix, would you two get a room or something?

Wed Mar 01, 06:23:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home